According to nptrust.org, Americans’ philanthropic giving grew in 2015, going up to $373.25 billion in 2015! Here are some statistics courtesy of nptrust.org:
- The average annual household contribution: $2,974.
- Americans gave $373.25 billion in 2015 — a 4.1% increase from 2014.
- Corporate giving in 2015 increased to $18.46 billion.
- Foundation giving in 2015 increased to $57.19 billion.
- In 2015, the largest source of charitable giving came from individuals at $268.28 billion — 71% of total giving.
- In 2015, this is where most of the charitable dollars went: Religion — 32%; Education — 15%, Human Services — 12, Grantmaking Foundations — 11%, and Health — 8%
- International causes experienced the largest giving increase in 2015, receiving 17.5% more than the previous year.
- Charitable giving accounted for 2.1% of gross domestic product in 2015.
For more info and stats, click here.
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
We at The Ultimate Fundraiser always appreciate your consideration and look forward to hear from you! We always love to hear your thoughts on our articles, so please leave us a comment below, take a look at our other Blogs & visit our Website.
The Ultimate Fundraise
Your BEST Fundraising Option!!!
We Take The Headache Out Of Fundraising!!!
Facebook: The Ultimate Fundraiser
PAY IT FORWARD!!!