Walmart’s Global Women’s Economic Empowerment Initiative was set up to help empower women across its supply chain in the following areas:
- Increase sourcing from women-owned businesses. By 2016, the company will source $20 billion from women-owned businesses in the U.S. and double sourcing from international women suppliers.
- Empower women on farms and in factories through training, market access and career opportunities. New programs will help 60,000 women working in factories that supply products to Walmart and other retailers develop the skills they need.
- Empower women through job training and education. Successful retail training programs will be scaled to help 200,000 women internationally. In the U.S., Walmart will help 200,000 women from low-income households gain job skills and access to higher education.
- Increase gender diversity among major suppliers. The company will work with major professional service firms and merchandise suppliers with over $1 billion in sales to increase women and minority representation on Walmart accounts.
- Make significant philanthropic giving toward women’s economic empowerment. The company will support these programs with more than $100 million in grants that drive progress against key goals. Funding will come from the Walmart Foundation and donations directly from Walmart’s international businesses.
The company has also established country-specific goals and commitments in markets where it operates, a couple of examples:
- Walmart China is helping women farmers make their agricultural operations more sustainable and productive through its direct farm program.
- Walmart India is providing retail skills training and career development to women through its Bharti Walmart Training Center.
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
We at The Ultimate Fundraiser always appreciate your consideration and look forward to hear from you! We always love to hear your thoughts on our articles, so please leave us a comment below, take a look at our other Blogs & visit our Website.
The Ultimate Fundraiser
Your BEST Fundraising Option!!!
We Take The Headache Out Of Fundraising!!!
Facebook: The Ultimate Fundraiser
PAY IT FORWARD!!!