‘Tis the season of giving, here are some interesting facts on giving in America. Stats show that giving like shopping is women-driven, 64% of people that make donations are women, older generations donate more often to religious institutions whereas the younger generations donate to children and youth directed causes. See list of facts below, courtesy of charitynavigator.org.
- 58% of people share information about charities on social networking because they feel it makes an impact.
- Americans donated approximately 2% of disposable income to charity in 2014, a percentage which has not changed significantly in decades, regardless of the strength of the economy.
- 62.6 million Americans volunteered in 2013 for a total of 7.7 billion hours. That service is worth an estimated value of $173 billion.
- Online giving comprises less than 10% of total giving but outpaces the growth of giving overall.
- People who donate via text message are most likely aged 49-59, female, married, and a college graduate
- Volunteers are almost twice as likely to donate to charity than non-volunteers.
- 69% of Americans donate to charity and 64% of donations are made by women.
- People born between 1945-1964 donate most often to places of worship while people born between 1965-1997 donate most often to children and youth development
- Religious organizations received the highest percentage of contributions in 2014, or 32% of the estimated total. Educational institutions and human services organizations received were second and third.
- According to Network for Good, in 2014, 31% of all giving occurred in December and 12% occurred in the final three days of the year.
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
We at The Ultimate Fundraiser always appreciate your consideration and look forward to hear from you! We always love to hear your thoughts on our articles, so please leave us a comment below, take a look at our other Blogs & visit our Website.
The Ultimate Fundraiser
Your BEST Fundraising Option!!!
We Take The Headache Out Of Fundraising!!!
Facebook: The Ultimate Fundraiser
PAY IT FORWARD!!!