On Tuesday, Dec. 1, Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) announced the birth of his daughter Max and also let the world know of his plans of giving away 99 percent of his personal Facebook shares to the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, a new venture, with the goal of doing social good. In the open letter posted on Facebook Zuckerberg said he hoped “to join people across the world to advance human potential and promote equality for all children in the next generation. Our initial areas of focus will be personalized learning, curing disease, connecting people and building strong communities.”
The letter said that the goals of advancing human potential and quality would require a new approach, specifically:
- Long term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years. T
- Engage directly with the people we serve.
- Build technology to make change.
- Participate in policy and advocacy to shape debates. .
- We must back the strongest and most independent leaders in each field.
- We must take risks today to learn lessons for tomorrow.”
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
We at The Ultimate Fundraiser always appreciate your consideration and look forward to hear from you! We always love to hear your thoughts on our articles, so please leave us a comment below, take a look at our other Blogs & visit our Website.
The Ultimate Fundraiser
Your BEST Fundraising Option!!!
We Take The Headache Out Of Fundraising!!!
Facebook: The Ultimate Fundraiser
PAY IT FORWARD!!!