- Annually, the Foundation selects 20-25 Social Entrepreneurs from a pool of applicants through a global “ Social Entrepreneur of the Year” competition.
- Over 260 social entrepreneurs from around the world and a wide range of sectors form part of the Schwab Foundation community. The Foundation fosters the peer-to-peer exchange of the social entrepreneurship methods and ideas.
- The Schwab Foundation supports the participation of the selected social entrepreneurs at the regional and global meetings of the World Economic Forum, which offer unique opportunities for social entrepreneurs to connect with corporate, political, academic, media and other leaders, who usually extend pro bono or reduced fee services to the social entrepreneurs that have been selected into the network of the Schwab Foundation.
- Social entrepreneurs participate in Forum initiatives, the conversations shaping the future agendas of industries, and are experts for the Forum’s Global Agenda Councils.
- The Schwab Foundation works with the Forum of Young Global Leaders to identify rising social entrepreneurs under the age of 40.
- The Foundation works with Harvard University, Stanford University and INSEAD to provide scholarship opportunities to the best executive education courses in the field to the social entrepreneurs. The Foundation works closely with leading academic institutions to publish case studies on specific social entrepreneurs.
The Schwab Foundation does not give grants or invest financially in the organizations of its selected social entrepreneurs. It invests its limited resources in creating opportunities where social entrepreneurs who have successfully implemented and scaled their transformational idea have access to usually inaccessible networks, and in consequence, mobilize the financial and in-kind resources that enable them to continue to strengthen and expand.
Applications for the 2016 Social Entrepreneurship Of The Year are now open, the deadline is June 30, so hurry! Click here to apply.
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
We at The Ultimate Fundraiser always appreciate your consideration and look forward to hear from you! We always love to hear your thoughts on our articles, so please leave us a comment below, take a look at our other Blogs & visit our Website.
The Ultimate Fundraiser
Your BEST Fundraising Option!!!
We Take The Headache Out Of Fundraising!!!
Facebook: The Ultimate Fundraiser
PAY IT FORWARD!!!